Welcome to Zeeland
You can relax and spend the night safe in Zeeland. Welcome! However, a number of things are important to know. We have listed these for you. We always adhere to the rules that apply from the government and RIVM.
Last changes: Monday 14 June 2021
Check in advance which color code the Dutch government has given your country on netherlandsworldwide.nl.
If you come from a country with a yellow color code, you can travel freely. You do not have to show a negative test and you do not have to go into (home) quarantine on arrival.
If you are travelling to the Netherlands from a high-risk or very high-risk area (red or orange color code), you need a negative NAAT (PCR) test result based on a sample collected no more than 72 hours before your arrival in the Netherlands. This applies to anyone aged 13 and older. Read more at government.nl (English).
If you have symptoms such as a cold, cough, fever or sudden loss of smell or taste, you can get tested (for free) to see if you are infected with coronavirus. Read more.
If you need a negative test result to travel, you can get a commercial PCR test at:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible.
- Do not shake hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Touch your face as little as possible.
- In case of fever or illness, please contact us at the reception
- Masks are only obligatory in public transport.
- Beaches and shops are open!
Check in at our receptions
- If possible, we will transfer the key to you via our key safe. For example, there is no physical contact.
- If a visit to the reception is necessary, we will let one guest in our reception. We ask any other guests to wait outside.
- Any payments are made online or by debit card
(Hygiene) prior to your stay
- Our accommodations have been carefully cleaned by our housekeeping staff.
- They are trained to carefully clean the accommodation, according to the guidelines of the Healty organisation that apply to this.
- Bed linen and towels are present in the house.
- Your reservation may consist of max 2 people from different households. Please take care in the accommodation of 1,5 meter distance.
Get out during your stay
Enjoy a different environment! There's plenty to do. Always keep in mind:
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Do you visit the beach or forest? Preferably do this on foot, by bicycle or by car.
- You can use public transport. The advice is to travel outside peak hours when possible. Avoid crowds during your journey and at stations. Don't forget your mouth mask.
- The following applies to all open amusement parks, playgrounds, leisure locations and restaurants: Reservations and a health check are mandatory. Reservations can be made for 4 people. This limit does not apply to children under 13 and people who are part of the same household. Always wear a mouth mask indoors.
- No alcoholic beverages may be sold between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Zeeland offers enough space to enjoy. A walk, bike ride or running round is therefore perfectly possible. Of course ... with distance! Rental services for outdoor recreational equipment, like canoes, boats and bicycles, are open and rent out equipment.
Establishments serving food and drink can be open from 06.00 to 22.00. Everyone must have an assigned seat at a table. Sitting at the bar is not permitted. A maximum of 4 people are allowed to sit at a table and they must be seated 1.5 metres apart. This does not apply to children under the age of 13 or people who are part of the same household.
You can shop in the supermarket, bakery and all other shops. Masks are obligatory in public spaces, like shops and restaurants.
Outdoor leisure locations
Museums, cinemas, amusement parks, nature parks, zoos, saunas and spas may reopen their indoor spaces. Reservations can be made for up to 4 people. This limit does not apply to children under 13 and people who are part of the same household.
Swimming pools are also open. A face mask must be worn indoors, except during the swimming.
Don't forget the most important thing: Enjoy your wonderful holiday in Zeeland! Fort den Haak has self-catered holiday homes - spend your holidays in peace and space.